This week we were thrilled to find out that we'll presenting at SXSW Interactive 2015. Our panel is tentatively titled "Doing It in Public: BLEs and Modern Storytelling," and we'll be discussing all that we've learned from making Asunder. If you are attending the conference, please stop by!
Bluetooth Low Energy devices are poised to become the next big trend in the Internet of Things. Sadly, the use cases for BLEs read like a dystopian sci-fi novel. We deserve better.
F*ck coupons! Why can't BLE's offer interesting, interactive, and location-specific content instead? BLEs are dirt cheap and can already talk to most smartphones. Just two of many reasons why BLE-based platforms have such amazing potential. We've been exploring them for storytelling and are keen to help you do so too.
In this SXSW panel session, we'll be discussing our approach to creating the narrative geo-spatial platform, Asunder.
Questions the panel will answer:
- How do you create compelling placemaking experiences using BLEs?
- What are some content opportunities and challenges for creating site-specific storytelling experiences?
- What are some design principles for the UI/UX for these experiences?
- How do you create BLE experiences that are not creepy or annoying?
- How do you combine the elements of narrative, screen-based interactions, and social interactions into a single seamless experience?
We want you to leave our session inspired! Let's create more BLE platforms and proliferate media-rich, immersive, location-specific storytelling in every community!